Tired Of Your Furnace Not Working Properly During Freezing Temperatures?
Anyone that grew up in the St Louis area knows that we tend to always have those two to three weeks when the weather gets blistering cold. It can be absolutely frigid outside. As a result, many St Louis residents tend to spend a lot of time in their homes during these periods. When you notice your furnace not working properly, it can be a big problem. In many cases, it is also a time to make the decision on whether to repair your furnace or replace it.
A Furnace Not Turning On Can Usually Be Repaired
The truth is most heating systems can be repaired, so when you notice your furnace not turning on, it can likely be salvaged. Before calling a heating and cooling company for furnace service, it’s important to first check the thermostat. It sounds elementary, but you would be surprised at how many furnace service calls can be avoided just by doing this. Examples of thermostat problems are:
- Checking to make sure the thermostat temperature is set to the desired room temperature
- The thermostat is set to heat
- Functioning batteries are currently in the thermostat
If you still experience your furnace not working, there is a good chance it is something else. The next step would be checking your furnace filter to make sure it is clean. A dirty air filter can lead to constricted airflow in your furnace. While this often is not enough to be the primary reason for a furnace not working, a dirty filter can lead to other major repairs. Here is a list of other common furnace repairs:
- High Gas Supply
- Malfunctioning Blower Capacitor
- Broken Draft Inducer Motor
- Cracked Heat Exchanger
- Dirty Flame Sensors
For Fast & Affordable Furnace Service
Furnace Not Heating To Your Standards And Considering Furnace Replacement?
To repair or replace. That is the common question among St Louis homeowners after finding out how much a furnace repair will likely cost. Below are some common factors that should be considered when you are contemplating furnace replacement.
- Age of the Furnace or Heating System - Furnaces can live an average of 15-20 years depending on how well the equipment has been maintained.
- Cost Of The Furnace Repair - Furnace repair costs should be evaluated along with the age of the furnace. As the furnace gets older, the amount of money you should be willing to invest in the price of a furnace repair should be less.
- Longevity Of The Fix - Another issue with older furnaces is that they tend to break more frequently as they age. Even if you can have an older furnace repaired for a couple of hundred dollars, the chances of something else going wrong down the road is much higher. At some point, it will make sense to replace the furnace rather than continuing to sink money into more furnace repairs.
- Efficiency Of Your Current Furnace - Many of the newer high-efficiency furnaces come with aggressive incentives. Not only can St Louis residents save on the sticker price of a new home furnace, but they’ll also save on their monthly energy bills as well.
- Incentives On New Furnaces - Ameren, Spire, and manufacturers such as Bryant offer a variety of different incentives based on the efficiency and specs of new furnaces. These incentives can change from season to season, so it’s important to consult with a heating and cooling professional on which HVAC incentives are currently available and how you can qualify for them.
Have An AC Unit Running Off r22 Refrigerant - This factor is something that will become more important in 2020 and beyond. As part of a government mandate due to harmful effects to the environment, r22 refrigerant is no longer being produced as of Jan 1, 2020. What that basically means is that if you have an AC unit that runs off r22 refrigerant and you want to recharge your unit, it’s going to be very expensive. With a limited supply on the market, many heating and cooling companies are charging a lot of money per pound. If you have a furnace that you are considering replacing, it might make sense to have your entire HVAC system replaced. You can save on labor and unlock the best rebates while saving your money in future AC maintenance.
When You Notice Your Furnace Not Kicking On, Call Superior!
Our team understands how much you rely on your furnace to keep you and your family warm. When you call Superior, you have a fleet of technicians ready to repair your furnace as fast as possible. Our furnace service rates are competitive, but most importantly we don’t price gauge our customers with unneeded repairs. Honesty and trust are the core values of our company. If your system can be repaired, we’ll do everything we can to repair it. Plain and simple. To schedule a furnace service call or a free quote on a new furnace installation, call our office today at (314) 209-7500.